Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A viewer suggests...

A friend (Janet) asked about "...a talking headshot..." for web use.

This is a simple process. We'd need, in no particular order:

An actor - with a short piece committed to memory;

A location;

A camera, some lights, and a microphone.

First, we set up some nice flattering lighting, hopefully relevant to the material being performed. Then, a little bit of camera and sound check* to make certain things look right and can be heard clearly. Maybe a very little bit of blocking practice if there's any walk-in involved. If not, record.

Then we sit down to edit, and encode it to whatever format the host wants. Ask for specs.

Then, push it up to the desired server for storage and playback.


* Adobe On Location makes this very simple, and will record direct to hard drive in the bargain. Do I really have to tell you why this is a good idea?

(Disclosure: I am not compensated by Adobe in any way. Their program just makes my life easier.)

3 comments:

  1. We will try it again. This is a great site. this is dikkday. I just cannot 'get in' so to speak.

    We will try another way to get my comment published here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked, Dick. Glad to see you here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I actually understood most of it, which is also why your clients are often so pleased. Not only do you provide the required professional services, you can explain it simply enough for the "average" person to comprehend.

    Missy

    ReplyDelete